(BPT) – November is widely recognized as the month when men join in facial-haired camaraderie — all in an effort to raise awareness and funds to promote men’s health initiatives. Men’s grooming leader Wahl encourages guys to sport their scruff all year long, but for those who are growing for a cause the company offers the following five tips for ensuring effective, efficient and long-lasting facial hair attractiveness:
- Find a foundation. For the fourth year in a row Wahl has joined forces with ZERO – The End of Prostate Cancer to support their seasonal Grow & Give campaign. Grow & Give encourages guys to beard up in November and get their friends and family to donate to their facial hair growing efforts. As a sponsor, Wahl is sweetening the pot by donating facial hair trimmers to the top Grow & Give fundraisers.
- Take a fresh approach. Every great work of art starts from a blank canvas. Before launching on your facial hair journey start with a clean shave. The new Wahl LifeProof Shaver has both symmetrical and asymmetrical foil patterns to lift and cut hairs no matter which direction they are growing to give you the best shave with the fewest passes.
- Make it your wingman. As your facial hair grows, it will get you noticed. So make the most of your new friend, as it’s there to make you look good. The first step is to pick a style that’s right for you. Facial hair should be worn to balance certain face shapes and features, but also match your personality. Wahl’s website, WahlGrooming.com, offers more than 40 facial hair styles to inspire you.
- Leash the beast. Facial hair can be like a wild animal and must be tamed accordingly. You can grow it out while still keeping it clean with regular trims. When considering a trimmer, be sure to purchase one that has power, precision and a long run-time. The Wahl Lithium Ion MultiGroom features four heads to accommodate 13 cutting lengths — it’s an all-in-one arsenal for trimming, shaving and detailing.
- The party’s over when you say it is. Once November ends, fight the urge to remove your well-earned facial fur. You’re now a walking, talking billboard for Prostate Cancer Awareness, and you can help spread the word year round.
Guys looking to participate in Grow & Give can start cultivating their facial hair any day in November and continue all month long. To get involved, visit zerocancer.org/grow, and socialize your scruff with #growandgive.