(BPT) – No matter the occasion, parties are good opportunities to relax with friends and family, step outside the normal routine and just have a great time. Hosting a party at home requires some extra prep work, but the reward is often worth the labor. Before you throw your next gathering, try these simple tips to get your house prepped for company.
* Pick up and plan ahead. When sprucing up the space where you’ll be entertaining, make an effort to stow items away. Bring your shoes, bags and other items to private rooms like your bedroom to make room for your guests’ belongings and put away fragile items to avoid unwanted accidents. Also, use this time to take inventory of your space. Do you have enough chairs for people to sit? Are you going to play music or have the TV on in the background? Answering these questions as you clean your home will help set up your party space for success.
* Deep clean the public areas. Guests won’t likely visit your bedroom, but thoroughly cleaning high-traffic areas, especially the entry way, bathroom, kitchen and living room is a must. Remember, the cleanliness of your home reflects on you, even to your closest friends or family; make sure you make a good impression.
* Don’t forget your pet’s bathroom. Seventy-seven percent of Americans claim they can tell someone has a cat just by the smell of their home, according to a new survey by Wakefield Research. Replace your existing litter with Arm & Hammer Clump & Seal Cat Litter and enjoy a seven-day odor-free home guaranteed. Clump & Seal features unique technology that forms a tight seal around odor and destroys it with powerful odor eliminators and Arm & Hammer Baking Soda. Let you home be the center of attention, not the smell of your cat’s litter box.
* Decorate your home with your own special theme. Add candles to set the mood for an evening cocktail party, set appropriate mementos on the mantel to commemorate the day or select a dessert option with colors to match the holiday, team or event you’re celebrating. This is your party, so be sure to add your special touch.
* Set up serving stations. People can get wild about food when attending a party so setting up established serving areas is your best chance to maintain order. Select an appropriate countertop or table to be home to the drinks and hors d’ oeuvres. This will keep people out of the kitchen and prevent confusion.
Preparation is key to entertaining at home with ease and in no time, guests will leave wanting to come back for more. To learn more about how Arm & Hammer Clump & Seal Cat Litter can have your guests thinking party, not pet, visit www.clumpandseal.com.